Emergency Medical Responder Course (formally known as First Responder)
Meets the Paramedic Association of Canada National Occupational Competency Profiles for the practitioner level of Emergency Medical Responder (EMR).We use the American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons text book and guidelines which are used by most Paramedic courses.
It provides the knowledge and skills required in an emergency to help keep patients alive, reduce pain / suffering, and minimize the consequences of injury or sudden illness until the next level of health care takes over.
- CPR Level HCP and AED (Automated External Defibrillation) certification
- The Emergency Scene
- Body Systems
- Preventing Disease Transmission
- Primary Survey
- Secondary Survey
- Measuring Blood Pressure
- Respiratory Emergencies
- Specific Types of Respiratory Distress
- Breathing Devices
- Bleeding and Shock
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Injuries to the Head, neck and Spine
- Injuries to the Chest, Abdomen and Pelvis
- Injuries to the Extremities
- Sudden Illness
- Heat and Cold Emergencies
- Special Populations & Crisis Intervention
- Childbirth and Complications
- Reaching and Moving Casualties
- Multiple Casualty Incidents
- Symptom Relief Medications
- Written exam (min. passing grade 80%)
- This is a hands on scenario based training program
BOOK NOW – $900 per person. It takes 100+ hours to complete. We offer a flexible scheduling options for fire departments, police, private security guards, etc. (Some of this course may be taken over the Internet if time is a concern or some topics may not be required if you have current previous certification at an advanced level )
Most certification’s are good for 3 years.
CPR is recommended every year by Heart & Stroke Foundation.
All of our First Aid courses are APPROVED by and include all the WSIB course content.