Welcome to my place in space!
We are a Heart & Stroke Training Partner/ Instructor Trainers offering all level of courses up to BLS CPR Instructor.
BLS Instructor Course; $500 per person
The BLS Instructor course is comprised of two separate one-day training modules, delivered by a Heart a& Stroke Instructor Trainer:
- The Core Instructor course, and
- The Basic Life Support instructor training module
The Core Instructor course is a foundational course required by all Heart & Stroke instructor-candidates. This course teaches instructor-candidates how to apply effective communication techniques, manage the classroom environment, and promote knowledge and skill transfer and retention.
The Basic Life Support instructor training module introduces the instructor-candidate to the educational materials and course outlines utilized in the delivery of Heart & Stroke BLS provider courses.
Heartsaver Description 1hr 45m
Need a quick but complete program that will teach you the basics of effective response for adult emergencies?
The Heartsaver® CPR AED course is geared for everyday Canadians. If you need the basics, look no further. This video-based, instructor-led course teaches how to recognize cardiac arrest, get emergency care on its way quickly and provide help until someone with more advanced training arrives to take over. You’ll get hands-on practice in performing high-quality CPR, using an AED, relieving choking and giving mouth-to-mouth breaths or breaths with a mask.
- Course Overview and Design:
The Heartsaver® CPR AED course focuses on what you need to know to perform high-quality CPR and use an AED effectively. You will also learn how to respond to choking emergencies. Course contents and outcomes include:
- How high-quality CPR improves survival
- The concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognizing when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- How to perform CPR with the help of others
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask, for all age groups
- How to use an AED on an adult
- When and how to help a choking adult
Are you a parent, family member or caregiver for children? These add-on course modules will prepare you for the unexpected:
This can be an add-on to the core adult Heartsaver® course for an extra $10.50 per person.
The Child Module provides you with additional knowledge and confidence by teaching high-quality CPR, use of an AED and relief of choking for children.
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child
- How to use an AED on a child
- When and how to help a choking child
Infant Module 1 hour cost $55 per person or
Caring for an infant? This module teaches high-quality CPR and relief of choking in infants. Take the Infant Module as an add-on to the adult Heartsaver® course for $10.50 per person extra. Add in the child module for a comprehensive course for all age groups.
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant
- When and how to help a choking infant
(Replacement for BLS for Healthcare Providers)
Basic Life Support (BLS) is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. It is designed for healthcare professionals and trained first responders who provide care to patients in a wide variety of settings, and teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in pre-hospital and in-facility settings.
The Heart & Stroke BLS course offers:
- The latest resuscitation science for improved patient outcomes
- Realistic scenarios, simulations and animations depicting rescuers, teams and patients
- Course and content flexibility for Heart & Stroke instructors and students, including adaptability to local protocols
The Heart & Stroke BLS course is designed for healthcare professionals and trained first responders who provide care to patients in a wide variety of both in-facility and prehospital settings or by those that require BLS certification and CPR training to enter into a healthcare-related training program
The BLS Provider course teaches learners to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations, and provide early use of an AED. It includes adult, child, and infant rescue techniques. The BLS provider course includes realistic scenarios, simulations and state-of-the-art animations, and incorporates Heart & Stroke’s proven practice-while-watching video format to bring the science of the 2015 Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC to the front-line practitioner.
The Basic Life Support (BLS) Renewal course is a fast-paced course that allows the experienced BLS provider (those who are confident in their BLS skills through regular use in their work in the ED, CCU, ICU on code team, or paramedics and first responders) the opportunity to demonstrate knowledge through written and skills assessment in a concentrated program. Successful completion of this 2 hour 15 minute course (approximate time) allows students to renew their BLS course completion card.
Course Overview and Design:
The BLS course focuses on teaching the essential skills rescuers need to know to perform high-quality CPR in a wide variety of settings. After successfully completing the BLS Course, students should be able to:
• Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
• Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival
• Apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
• Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
• Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
• Describe the importance of early use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
• Demonstrate the appropriate use of an AED
• Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
• Perform high-quality CPR for a child
• Perform high-quality CPR for an infant
• Describe the importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation
• Perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
• Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction for an adult or child
• Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction for an infant
BLS Provider Course – Approximate course duration: 3 hours 52 minutes
Cost $95 per person
BLS Renewal Course – Approximate duration: 2 hours 15 minutes
Cost $75 per person